Sunday, April 3, 2011

Lazy Sundays

Spring is here in Los Angeles, to me Spring = Dodger Baseball. I have so many good memories of listening to the ball game on Sunday afternoons with my Dad. We listened to most games, but Sundays were special, when I was young Dad worked 6 days a week, but took Sundays off, so it was nice to see him relax, which he usually did with his mid afternoon nap. He never admitted that it was a nap, he would say that he was just listening with his eyes closed. Dad's been gone for awhile now and I miss him every day. Some days are easier than others. For the last month things have been a little rough for me, I got myself into a funk and just couldn't shake the funk. About a week ago, I stumbled across another blog and the story I read there touched me deep in my heart and made it possible for me to start climbing out of the hole I dug for myself so I just want to thank you to Joe Konrath and Kiana Davenport for making a difference in my life.

2 comments:

Gabriella said...

I got Kiana's book on my Kindle because of that post. I had read it right before I went to work my night shift and thought about her all night. I hope she will do well now.

Joanie said...

I did the same thing, I read the post and thought what the hell it's only 99 cents. Joe's got such a wonderful community going on over at his place. I wonder if he has an idea of how broad his reach is.

It's like that old shampoo commercial (can't remember the brand), "I told two friends, they told two friends and so on and so on etc.